During the holidays, there are many ways you can celebrate the season and connect with local shoppers – and using social media is a great, flexible way to share. But, with so many options, where should you start? Here are a few quick ideas – and an infographic sharing what other businesses are doing to reflect their holiday spirit this year.
Decorate your pages and profiles. According to research from ShortStack, 68.6% of Facebook page administrators are “decorating” their pages for the holidays. Here are some ideas you can use to spread the seasonal cheer!
- Create a holiday themed profile image on Facebook or Twitter
- Upload seasonal photos of your business, customers, or products to your blog and Facebook wall
- Create a virtual holiday card and share it with your fans and followers across your social networks
Share special holiday offers. Creating special offers is always a great way to reward your social media fans and followers, but it’s especially popular during the holiday season. In fact, over 51% of Facebook administrators surveyed by ShortStack said they’re sharing coupons and special offers with their fans. Here are some seasonal offer ideas you could consider:
- Gift certificates for a themed bundle of discounted services, like a spa day or an auto-tune up
- Special packages of products for gift baskets or theme gifts
- Year-end specials on product closeouts or overstocked items
Support a worthy cause. Another great way to celebrate the holidays is to show your support for charities and community causes via your social media presence. If your company sponsors an organization, event, or fundraiser during the holidays, you can share photos or posts about your contribution and encourage fans and followers to join in the cause. Here are a few ideas you could try:
- Show photos of your team volunteering their time at a local charity or community organization
- Instead of giving thank-you gifts to clients or customers, let your fans and followers cast a vote for their favorite organization or cause that your business will donate to on their behalf
- Help raise awareness for a local cause or organization by posting about their holiday programs or fundraising efforts
How are you using social media to celebrate the holidays? Share your creative ideas in a comment. And, check out this infographic from ShortStack to learn how some businesses are using Facebook to spread the holiday cheer.