Did you know that 86% of internet users are swayed by video to purchase a product? YouTube is one of the most underutilized marketing tools used by local businesses partly because of the quick rise in popularity in video marketing across the internet. Check out some of these awesome statistics that show the power of YouTube:
Who’s Watching YouTube & Where?
YouTube is no longer solely for younger generations. These stats show that people across the board are watching YouTube, and they’re not just watching on their phones (although that’s still the primary place for consuming YouTube videos):
- The time people spent watching YouTube on television sets doubled in the past year.
- Six in 10 people prefer online video to TV.
- In an average month, eight out of 10 18 to 49-year-olds will watch videos on YouTube.
- On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18 to 49-year-olds than any broadcast or cable TV network.
By advertising on YouTube, you have a way to reach this broad audience when and where they’re watching videos.
Are YouTube Users Engaged?
YouTube influences purchases more than any other online video site. And, not only is YouTube advertising great for branding your company, but users on YouTube are highly engaged. Consider these stats:
- 41% of viewers talk about what they saw on YouTube with their peers.
- 40% share YouTube videos that they’ve seen.
Get Started with YouTube Advertising
YouTube advertising helps you reach new audiences, grow brand awareness, and influence customers’ purchase decisions. To learn more about video best practices or ReachLocal’s YouTube Advertising solution, check out our website.