Looking for some fresh insights into local marketing or small business to add more knowledge to your Twitter stream? We present The Small Business Twitter List of great accounts for local businesses to follow, with insights on small business, entrepreneurship, technology, digital marketing, and more. Follow these accounts to kickstart your business and online marketing in this year. Have someone you’d nominate to add? Scroll down and share your submission!
Small Business & Entrepreneurship
- Melinda Emerson: Author of Become Your Own Boss and host of #smallbizchat, Melinda offers small businesses insights on building and running their business.
- Laurie McCabe: Partner at SMB Group and tweets about helping SMBs and entrepreneurs apply tech solutions to grow their businesses.
- Alyssa Gregory: Tweets about small business and digital marketing and is founder of Small Business Bonfire.
- Jim Blasingame: Host of The Small Business Advocate show and author of The Age of the Consumer, offering tips and insights about all aspects of running a small business.
- Anita Campbell: CEO of Small Business Trends and shares daily success and business tips for small businesses on Twitter.
- Susan Solovic: Small business speaker, media personality, and author, sharing tips, trends, and marketing insights for small business.
- Gene Marks: Columnist, author, and president of The Marks Group consulting firm, Gene shares a wide range of small business insights on Twitter.
- Emma Jones: Author, speaker, and founder of small business network Enterprise Nation.
- Barry Moltz: Small business owner, speaker, and author focused on getting business owners growing and unlocking their potential.
- Daniel Kelly: President and CEO of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business.
- Denise O’Berry: Author and small business expert at Just for Small Business sharing marketing, cash flow, and business tips, resources, and tools.
- Steve Strauss: Author of Planet Entrepreneur and The Small Business Bible, small business columnist, and spokesperson tweeting about small business success.
- Angus Loten: Startup and small business reporter for The Wall Street Journal, Reporter, sharing news and insights on small business.
- Becky McCray: Small business owner, author of Small Town Rules, and founder of Small Biz Survival, helping small town businesses thrive.
- Diane Helbig: Small business coach at Seize This Day Coaching, sharing inspiration and advice for small business owners, business leaders, and sales people.
- Jonathan Fields: Entrepreneur and founder of Good Life Project, a movement to inspire people to build an extraordinary life.
- Ruth Simon: Wall Street Journal reporter in New York covering small business and entrepreneurship.
- Barbara Weltman: Small business advocate, tax law specialist, and publisher of Big Ideas for Small Business.
- Rhonda Abrams: Columnist for USA Today, speaker, and author of bestselling Business Plan book.
Technology, Local & Digital Marketing
- Greg Sterling: VP Strategy and Insights for Local Search Association and Contributing Editor at Search Engine Land, Greg helps connect the dots between digital media and real-world consumer behavior with a focus on local and digital marketing.
- Ramon Ray: Editor of Smallbiztechnology.com, Ramon is a well known small business technology expert, sharing technology, trends, and tips for small business owners.
- John Jantsch: Small business marketing consultant, speaker, and author of Duct Tape Marketing, John offers practical marketing insights for small business owners.
- Robert Tyson: Editor in Chief of The Tyson Report, sharing easy, inexpensive small business marketing tips and tools.
- Matt McGee: Editor-in-Chief at Marketing Land & Search Engine Land, tweeting online marketing trends, tips, and advice.
- Ivana Tyler: Shares marketing tips and advice on Twitter and her blog, DIY Marketers.
- Paul Lancaster: Co-Author of Small Business Marketing for Dummies and content and social media specialist.
- Gail Goodman: CEO of Constant Contact and author of Engagement Marketing
- Adam Toporek: Small business owner and customer service expert, founder of CTS Service Solutions.
- Sharon Rowlands: CEO of ReachLocal, small business and marketing technology thought leader, Huffington Post columnist.
- Amanda Stillwagon: Chief Marketer for Small Business Trends, online marketing, email marketing, and social media for small business.
- Mike Blumenthal: Local search and small business marketing consultant with deep insights into local.
- Dennis Yu: Facebook advertising and conversion expert, speaker, and local business marketing thought leader.
- Jim Connolly: Helping small business owners boos their sales and profits, writes one of the most popular online marketing blogs.
- Ann Handley: Author, digital marketing expert, and head of content at MarketingProfs.
- Steven Jacobs: Deputy editor at Street Fight with a focus on local apps and analytics as well as all things hyperlocal.
- David Mihm: Local search optimization specialist & director of local search strategy for Moz.
- Chris Sliver Smith: Internet marketing and technology expert, including local search optimization, Google maps, social media, and more.
- Lauren Simonds: Managing editor of Small Business Computing.
Publications & Organizations
- Small Business Trends: Small business trends and content from a wide range of small business sites.
- Open Forum: Tap into the collective ingenuity of other business owners with insights, tips, trends, and more.
- Entrepreneur: Inspiring, informing, and celebrating entrepreneurs since 1973.
- Local Search Association: The largest trade organization for local advertising and marketing companies.
- Marketing Land: Daily digital and internet marketing news with a focus on search, social, display, analytics, email, marketing technology, mobile, and video.
- Search Engine Land: News and information about search engine marketing, expert analysis, how tos, and opinions.
- Huffington Post Small Business: The best of HuffPost Small Business — in 140 characters or less.
- U.S. Small Business Administration: News, tips, and resource for the small business community from the SBA.
- AllBusiness: Resource for small businesses, providing essential tools and resources to start, grow, and manage your business.
- NFIB: America’s leading small business association.
- Wall Street Journal Small Business: Small business news updates from The Wall Street Journal.
- Globe Small Business: Small business news and reports from Canada’s national newspaper.
- American Management Association: Leadership, management, and business strategy tips.
- The Alternative Board: Business advisory boards and executive coaching for small business owners.
- Inc. Magazine: What you need to know to start and grow your business now.
- ReachLocal Blog: Practical online marketing, lead conversion, and small business tips for local businesses
- Shop Small: Small Business Saturday and small business success.
- YahooAds: Tweets about online marketing and advertising news, insights and more from the Yahoo Advertising team.
- Think with Google: Google’s take on fresh marketing and a look at what’s next.
- GeoMarketing: Location-based advertising articles, tips, and insights.
- Search Engine Watch: Google, Bing & search news. Trends, how-tos, opinions, and tips on SEO, PPC, analytics, social media, and content.
- Search Engine Journal: Helping marketers succeed by producing best-in-industry guides and information while cultivating a positive community.
- Business 2 Community: Community of contributors covers breaking news and top trends in Social Media, Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, Social Selling and More.
- SocialMediaToday: Sharing insights and content from the world’s top social media thinkers.
- Kickserv: Managing marketing, sales, scheduling, invoicing and online payments (Kickserv is a ReachLocal company).
Who Would You Add?
These are just a few of the amazing small business, local, and digital thought leaders out there sharing useful, practical insights that can help local businesses.
Who else would you add to The Small Business Twitter List? Leave your thoughts in a comment, or share your nomination on this form! We’d love to see this list grow and would love your feedback on who else you look to for small business and local marketing insights!