At ReachLocal, we love local businesses and supporting our community. Lucky for us, we get to work with local businesses in our community every day. But, one special day each year, we get together with our coworkers in our respective offices to give back to our communities across North America.
This year was our third annual Day of Giving, and it was bigger and better than ever! We had nearly 20 offices participate in activities that ranged from putting together more than 300 care packages to delivering meals to almost 40 homes to donating more than 700 pounds of food.
Check out our Day of Giving pictures on our Facebook page, and see how our employees gave back this year!
This is how we gave back this year:
- Woodland Hills: Volunteered with Operation Gratitude. They had 65 employees build over 300 care packages, write more than 100 letters of thanks, and weave 240 survival bracelets!
- Atlanta & Charlotte: Volunteered with Grace Community Food Pantry.
- Plano: Supported the Children’s Hunger Fund with a food drive that gathered over 620 pounds of food.
- Ottawa: Volunteered with Shepherds of Good Hope.
- Miami & Orlando: Volunteered with Best Buddies. They got to go bowling with their new buddies!
- Baltimore: Sorted food at the Maryland Food Bank.
- Calgary: Volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House.
- Chicago: Volunteered at Feed My Starving Children.
- Washington, D.C., & Virtual Offices: Volunteered with The Lamb Center.
- Toronto: Volunteered with Meals on Wheels Circle of Care. They delivered meals to 36 households in three hours!
- Denver: Volunteered with the Denver Rescue Mission & Integrated Family Community Services. They also adopted two seniors.
- Edmonton: Volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House.
- New York City: Volunteered with Volunteers of America by wrapping presents for children.
- Philadelphia: Volunteered with Gift of Life House.
- San Diego: Volunteered with ReStore Escondido through the San Diego Habitat for Humanity.
- San Francisco: Volunteered with the San Francisco Food Bank.
- San Jose: Volunteered with the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- Shreveport: Supported the Food Bank of Northwest Louisiana with a food drive.
- Vancouver: Volunteered with the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau.