Small Business Saturday is officially less than a month away! As you prepare to either host a Small Business Saturday event or Shop Small® in your community on November 25, consider these stats that illustrate the power of Small Business Saturday in supporting local businesses.
In 2016, according to American Express:
- 112 million consumers shopped and dined to support Small Business Saturday
- Over 6,700 small businesses signed up as Neighborhood Champions
- There were 135 million social media engagements around Small Business Saturday
- Total spending reached around $15.4 billion
- 72% of consumers reported they were aware of Small Business Saturday
If you weren’t convinced before about the power of Small Business Saturday and how it can impact your business, we hope these stats get you excited about the possibilities of harvesting a new crop of customers this season!
As a corporate sponsor of Small Business Saturday and a supporter of local businesses across the globe, we love any initiative to Shop Small®! Let us know how you’re participating on social media with the hashtag #shopsmall.